Monday, June 21, 2010

To be happy where you are... [Estar feliz donde estas]

I am very happy where I am right now....

This is the most comfortable I have ever felt since being in Peru. They say you must die to live again. In the past week and a half we have received 2 live-in groups and one group that travels in and out from the states. This is about 30 US citizens. 9 high school students, 7 university students, and 11 global volunteers (plus their teacher and chaperones). It's been interesting to have the whole lot of them here. In my pabellon, I have 3 of the high school girls sleeping there. The work load has lessened quit a bit, but i still feel as if i am doing to much. The girls want to help but they have not become accustomed to the speed. Also, they have not learned yet how to clean correctly. I forgot how lazy we can be when it comes to cleaning. Cleaning here at CDLN is not just a pick-up what you see, but it is pretty much a deep clean everyday.

For the past two weekends, I got to go play bowling. I forgot how much I love the sport and how much fun it is to just get out. Our friends, Nya and Manuel always invites us over to their house to hangout. So, it has been a Saturday ritual for me.

My kids are great... they crack me up a lot. They can irritate me too, but what kid doesn't. I am now taking guitar lessons. It's hard, but I am not going to give up.

The Mask: I've been struggling with what people call 'the mask'. Who am I? Why do I pretend? I no longer wear 'the mask' (I think). I am who I am. I am crazy, silly, weird, and yes, ridiculous. If I wasn't, then I must be wearing 'the mask'. Am I serious... 80% of the time---NO! But, when I am you will know.

Alyssa leaves for the states this coming up weekend. It is going to be quit the experience for her. It will be great to get some news back about how the US is doing. I won't be back anytime soon, but when I do go back my mind will defianetly remain open.

No comments:

Post a Comment