Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2 Weeks Into The New Year

It has been exactly 14 days into the new year and I believe I am ready to achieve my goals.  Today (1/14/09), Gwen and I activated our YMCA account.  I am feeling pumped for this new year.  Life seems to have a funny way of showing you how to live and so does GOD.  On the way back home from working out at the YMCA, we passed by a young girl carrying a child.  I was like "SHE HAS A BABY!"  Gwen was like, "Should we go back?"  and I said "YES!"  
We went back and picked her up.  I was relieved that she took our offer because I couldn't allow her to walk with that child in below 10 degree weather.  We got to learn that her child was 3 months old and named Jeremiah.  
Living and working here in Detroit has built a guard and wealth of understanding of the world we live in.  It has helped me to maintain my seeing the beauty in ugly and getting to know God's people on a personal level.  I have gotten to hear many stories and want to hear more.  I hope to be the ear of listening for all those that have the need to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment